Thursday, February 4, 2010

Give a thought.....



My teachers always told me, close your eyes and ponder about what you imagine yourself to be ten years down the line. Harbouring dreams, of being a broadcast journalist I imagined myself being at the scene of war , maybe somewhere in the middle east, reporting some gruesome activities amidst a lot of confusion and anarchy.
I posed a question to me, why is it that ten years down the line do I still foresee so much violence, have I grown accustomed to it, or is it that I've not seen it any other way for a long time now.
A thought crept into my head, that how tamed our mind is today, to the age of warfare, mistrust, death and deterioration around us . How tuned our routine is to read the morning newspaper and see headlines eliciting carnage. How events like rape,robbery,murder,suicide are just being hyped at and the hoopla surrounding one dies after another one comes by, and how we have smugly adjusted to this cycle.I am baffled at how my definition of the normalcy of life has significantly changed and how I have come to live normally in such abnormal circumstances.





4 comments:

Rohith J Rao said...

Good point. Humans are too good at adaptation for their own good.

Falak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Falak said...

Hey entangled in the rut...

Nice blog!!! well expressed. Like you mentioned in one of the most recent blog of yours - you should pen your thoughts more often as you are a very expressive writer. I like your poems too. I saw your comments in my blog and thanks for the same.Do we know each other???????

Falak said...

I am waiting....... waiting..... waiting.......